- Urban ghettos, homeless people, trailer parks are certainly not a showcase of an advanced and rich civilization.
- High criminality and violence.
- Rampant corruption, which is even legal. Politicians can be bought openly, and few people see a problem with that.
- Crumbling infrastructure. Roads are full of potholes, in particular urban highways.
- Telephone and electricity are still supplied through overhead cables that are high in maintenance.
- Cellphones cannot be used to pay in stores.
- Credit cards do not have chips.
- No sidewalks in many places.
- A quarter of all homes still use septic tanks.
- Idle police officers watching every construction site on roads.
Is the US a third world country?
Of course it is not. But for a European who sets foot on the continent for the first time, several observations would lead to this conclusion:
Labels: off topic